Based on data from a recent reader survey with over 2,000 respondents, Pedestal readers are:
- Most likely to be professional writers, teachers or students.
- 94% of them read and write in their spare time.
- 68% have been published in either an online or print magazine.
- 83% are culturally active, attending performing and visual arts events and traveling for pleasure.
- Evenly distributed by age, particularly throughout the large age group of 25-55 year olds.
- 63% have graduated from college or pursued higher education.
- Annual income tracks national averages with 20% falling in the $40,000-$59,999 range and 32% being in the above $60,000 range.